Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Little Summary Of Adrean's First Week Of First Grade

Overall, Adrean had a fantastic week! He absolutely loves school! I'll just break down how his week went. Each day, they have a special.
  • Monday-Art
  • Tuesday-Music
  • Wednesday-Library
  • Thursday & Friday- PE
He said he likes all of his teachers & the librarian. I think he told me colored Spongebob in Art, not to sure about Music class. During his library visit, he got to check out his very first book in school. I'll have to get a picture of him with it before he turns it in tomorrow. He was very excited on Friday because they were able to use their iPads in class! Very cool! :)

Some funny stories to share. I believe it was Tuesday, they had fire drills & Adrean came home that day explaining to me the story of the person who died at Walmart on black Friday a couple years back. He told me, "Mommy, do you know that story about Walmart having sales on their TVs & computers & everyone started running like crazy & they ran over someone & they died because everyone just stomped on him!" I replied, "WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT FROM?!" Adrean said, "Oh! They told us at school, so that way we won't run during fire drills & hurt each other.." I was like, OMG! That child doesn't miss a thing! He tells me EVERY single detail about his days.

On Wednesday night, Adrean asked me not to make his lunch because he wanted to eat at school. So, Thursday morning, I gave him $2 & told him to give that to the lunch ladies. Well, somehow he forgot & got to the cafeteria & didn't have his money because he left it in his backpack. He told me, "Mommy, I forgot to get my lunch money but they let me eat free today!!" He said it so cute like he was so surprised & grateful. Then, he gave me a little note with the balance he owed. I told him NOT TO FORGET! OMG! So, they had chicken teriyaki that day, & Adrean told me he was one of the last ones to get his food & they had ran out of forks before he could get his food, so he told me he had to eat with his hands!!! I couldn't believe it. I'm sure there had to be a way for him to get a utensil, but maybe he was just too shy to ask or something. So, when I picked him up that day, I could definitely tell that he had a mess during lunch. He had teriyaki sauce all over his yellow shirt & khaki shorts! He told me he was so sorry but they put sooo much sauce! LOL!

That pretty much sums up his first week. I'll be back later on today or tomorrow morning with an update. Today, Adrean will be riding the school bus home for the very first time! So, I'll let you know how that goes. I'll also have some pics to post. Hope you all had a great 3 day weekend & that you have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like such a funny kid! Glad school is going well for him though! =)

    ReplyDelete